Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Joe's Italian

By: Danny Cummins

This package was difficult because it was very hard to capture the emotion of our interview in a minute and a half. I literallt held back tears as Mrs. Berteloni explained to me her father's impact on their family and his slow, painful, obvious death. I have the upmost respect for Mrs. Berteloni and her family and after spending time with her at the restaurant I hope that the business thrives and thrives.

This is my most prized package of the semester. It was this package that made me realize how difficult it would be to be a field reporter. To think that someone has roughly a minute and a half to explain these situation, and is successful at doing so, is commendable to me.

Front view of Joe's at the crossroads
This restaurant is awesome though, every recipes has been passed down from generation to generation in their family and all the recipes are original and homemade. There is a "Big Joe's" (as referred to by Mrs. Berteloni) located in Hoover. It is much larger with a bigger variety on the menu. She explained to me that after running larger restaurants in California and Hoover she could doo this one at the crossroads with her "eyes closed."

No comments:

Post a Comment