Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Packing Up Your Dorm Room

By: Mary Kate McCarrick


The end of the semester is only a few days away at the University of Montevallo. With it comes exams, farewells and the need for an empty dorm room. Yes, it is time to move out.
Put similar items in the same box

This can add unnecessary stress at an inconvenient time. However, there are many tips to make moving out easier. 

Senior Emilee Harris says the right kind of moving boxes can go a long way. "I would invest in the plastic tubs. I've been using the same boxes since I was a freshman. They're reusable." 

Another tip is packing similar items, like books, in the same box. Some students, like Taryn Woodgett, have a box for each section of their room. "I would have a bing for all my closet stuff. Then I'll have a bin for clothes that's in my drawers or underneath my bed."

Also, don't be afraid to ask for help. Ask your friends, roommate, hall-mates and your RA for help with moving.

For more information on University of Montevallo moving procedure, visit https://legacy.montevallo.edu/housing/Mine.shtm.
Students helping each other move out



No comments:

Post a Comment